As the story goes, an unnamed pharmaceutical company spent seven years and millions of dollars researching the Graviola tree for its ability to treat and cure cancer. However, natural resources cannot be patented, so in the process of this research they worked frantically to recreate a synthetic version in order to patent it and not only get their seven year investment back, but then also reap the ridiculous rewards that would come with patenting a treatment and cure for cancer that didn’t involve painful radiation and chemotherapy. It’s been said that since they were unable to do that, they shelved the entire operation because publishing their findings would result in not only people being able to treat and cure cancer inexpensively on their own, but also allowing other pharmaceutical companies to possibly beat them to the punch in creating a synthetic version to be patented. In addition, other advocates of the tree and its fruit have stated that because these research and treatment centers receive millions of dollars annually, they pay experts to disparage and debunk its healing benefits in an effort to keep it under the rug because they stand to lose those millions of dollars each year if its revealed to the masses that the Graviola tree and its fruit can actually treat and cure cancer. The most common anti-argument is that it has yet to be tested extensively on actual humans.
So what exactly is the truth? Does this tree and its fruit actually treat and cure cancer? Are major pharmaceutical companies pushing a natural treatment and potential cure under the rug in order to keep millions of dollars rolling in and provide job security for millions of people in the field? Well, we’re not entirely certain, but let’s take a look at a few things and you can decide for yourself.
First, let’s learn a little about the tree and fruit itself from Farmer Ray. Don’t be fooled by the name, this is a very intelligent man and a very informative video:
Now let’s look at some information provided by the Architects of a New Dawn:
- It’s been called a miracle tree. Indigenous people from the Amazon jungle have used the bark, leaves, roots, flowers, fruit, and seed from the Graviola tree for centuries to treat heart disease, asthma, liver problems, and arthritis. Scientists from North America learned of the legendary healing tree and, through dozens of in vitro tests, discovered its ability to kill malignant cells of 12 different types of cancer, including ovarian, colon, breast, prostate, lung, liver, cervical, lymphoma, and pancreatic cancer.
- The most recent study, conducted at Catholic University of South Korea, revealed that two chemicals extracted from Graviola seeds showed “selective cytotoxicity comparable with Adriamycin” for breast and colon cancer cells. The chemicals targeted and killed malignant breast and colon cells in a test tube comparable to the commonly used chemotherapy drug Adriamycin.
- Another study, published in the Journal of Natural Products, showed that Graviola is not only comparable to Adriamycin, but dramatically outperforms it in laboratory tests. Results showed that one chemical found in Graviola selectively killed colon cancer cells at “10,000 times the potency of Adriamycin.”
- Perhaps the most significant result of the study cited above from the Catholic University of South Korea, and of each of the others we’ve found, is that Graviola was shown to selectively target the enemy, leaving all healthy, normal cells untouched. By comparison, chemotherapy indiscriminately seeks and destroys all actively reproducing cells, even normal hair and stomach cells. This is what causes such often-devastating side effects as hair loss and severe nausea. In this respect, Graviola looks to be a promising alternative or supplement to mainstream treatments.
- In 1997, Purdue University published information with promising news that several of the Annonaceous acetogenins are not only effective in killing tumors that have proven resistant to anti-cancer agents, but also seem to have a special affinity for such resistant cells. In several interviews after this information was publicized, Purdue pharmacologist Dr. Jerry McLaughlin, the lead researcher in most of Purdue’s studies on the Annona chemicals, says cancer cells that survive chemotherapy may develop resistance to the agent originally used against them as well as to other, even unrelated, drugs.
Now let’s go back to Farmer Ray for an even more in depth look at the Graviola tree and its documented healing abilities:
And lastly, here’s some additional information provided by the International Human Rights Association:
- The National Cancer Institute performed the first scientific research in 1976. The results showed that Graviola’s “leaves and stems were found effective in attacking and destroying malignant cells.” Inexplicably, the results were published in an internal report and never released to the public.
- Since 1976, Graviola has proven to be an immensely potent cancer killer in 20 independent laboratory tests, yet no double-blind clinical trials–the typical benchmark mainstream doctors and journals use to judge a treatment’s value–were ever initiated.
- A study published in the Journal of Natural Products, following a recent study conducted at Catholic University of South Korea stated that one chemical in Graviola was found to selectively kill colon cancer cells at “10,000 times the potency of (the commonly used chemotherapy drug) Adriamycin.”
- The most significant part of the Catholic University of South Korea report is that Graviola was shown to selectively target cancer cells, leaving healthy cells untouched. Unlike chemotherapy, which indiscriminately targets all actively reproducing cells (such as stomach and hair cells), causing the often devastating side effects of nausea and hair loss in cancer patients.
- A study at Purdue University recently found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed cancer cells among six human cell lines and were especially effective against prostate, pancreatic and lung cancers. (In a separate study, Purdue researchers showed that extracts from the Graviola leaves are extremely effective in isolating and killing lung cancer cells.)
As you can see, there’s quite a bit of very compelling information and evidence that suggests the Graviola tree is not only extremely beneficial to your body’s health, but could very well aide in the treatment and cure of numerous types of cancer. Has extensive testing on humans been done to provide scientific proof to back up these claims? Not exactly… but given the monetary ramifications of such testing, it’s easy to believe why that path may have been avoided up until now. However, numerous tests and studies show that it does in fact have a healing effect on various different bodily ailments and diseases, including cancer. Even without extensive testing on humans, I wouldn’t hesitate to seek alternative methods, and the Graviola tree is by far and away the most compelling alternative method I’ve come across in all my research. You can draw your own conclusions, but if you or anyone you know has cancer… it’s time to introduce yourself, or them, to the Graviola tree and its fruit.
Perfect Health TV shows us how to make Soursop Juice from the fruit of the Graviola Tree: